This page was created to explain more in detail of certain areas of the build that I though may be helpful to other people constructing similar robots.
Notable details I have used on the build so far.
- The Jetson computer has been mounted with hex head nuts and bolts though I have placed a piece of RC silicone fuel tubing in place of a hard plastic standoff for vibration protection.
- The power control board has been mounted to the underneath of the top plate to save space and also has a 10 Amp marine circuit breaker instead of a fuse.
- The battery has been mounted with standard 6-32 threaded rod and rubber inserts to hold the battery securely in place. (even if the robot tips over or upside down)
- All of the yellow connectors are rated for 65 Amps which is a bit overkill, however they are polarized and are have easy to solder connections.
- You can charge the battery without needing to unplug it or remove it from the base
Below is a slideshow with the current progression of the base.