Here is a link to a how to guide to complete the kit: Link
Kit contains all the components needed to complete a blinking badge:
- Low voltage 555 timer 8 pin SOC
- 2x 100ohm resistors
- 1k resistor
- 100k resistor
- 22uF capacitor
- 10uF capacitor
- 2x green super bright LED’s (Light Emitting diodes)
- Badge PCB
- Brass Clutch Back Clasps/pin
- 3volt lithium coin cell battery CR1220
- Surface mount battery holder
- Power switch
- A flux pen
- A PCB vise
- Low power binocular microscope
New News: The new prototype boards are working great and only need final text revisions.
Old News: Before the the badge needed low voltage 555 timers to work properly. I’m also dropped one of the LED’s and we just having two on the board. After looking over the prototype board I made a lot of changes to the board in Eagle.
A interactive circuit for the board is below. You will need to click the switch next to the battery once you start the simulation.
Want to see more interactive circuits like this go here.